Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tissue Schmissue Issue


I think science is wonderful. It means that man is trying to understand the world around him. Sometimes I even ask myself how a human being can survive without knowing how everything around him works. We live in this world - shouldn't it be our priority in life to understand it?

This week all the 10th and 11th graders have to work in groups on scientific/medical topics. MY group has the to work on the topic "Tissue Engineering". It's a method with which you can make organs grow artificially. It sounds very sci-fi-ish, but believe you me, it ain't. Because we don't look at mice with ears on their back or people whose kidney has been grown outside of their body. No. We get to read boring papers and ask boring questions about boring things.

The only entertaining thing is the bickering of my co-pseudo-scienteers(who are all women). I hate group projects. I really really do. I always end up doing all the work. This time, I kinda sat back and enjoyed the show. Everybody wants to take charge. So I don't have to. Yey!

No comments: