Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fracture (40)

I like movies. I like going to the cinema. I like popcorn. So, naturally, I open the paper every Thrusday and look and all the new flics that come out that day and go "I wanna see this, oh, and this, and that one yadda yadda yadda". But I never see any of those movies. I just never have the bucks or the right company or whatever.

But last Wednesday I watched a thriller. I never go to the movies to see thrillers. I just don´t. But I did. Me, myself and two friends went to see Anthony Hopkins (and Ryan Gosling) being reeeeeally smart. Being the horrible person I am, I expected general shallowness which a touch of good acting. So there I am, wondering where Anthony Hopkins is from (Scottland? Wales?) and realize: hey, this is actually a good movie! There was a plot, good actors, a cute guy, good dialogues and even subtlety! I was positively surprised. I might even review it.

Now to something completely different: Did you know that there s gonna be a Beowulf movie? AGAIN? Gerard Butler did a great job being the norse superhero, he really did, and now Hollywood decided "Hey, someone not us made a good movie! Let´s do the same one again just with more budget and celebs and WORSE!". Anthony Hopkins, Angelina Jolie blablabla...Just pisses me off.

No comments: