Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween


What do you know 'bout Halloween?

I can tell you this: Originally, Halloween was a Pagan holliday of the celts. Samhain (pronounciation: sowen) is the equal of New Year. It's about leaving bad habits and stuff behind and moving on to a better year (I could go all New Agy and Wiccan on you, but I'll be nice enough to spare you). It normally takes place between the 10/31 and the 11/1. The Christians have transformed it into All Hallows Eve which is on the 10/31 and All Saints Day and All Souls Day, which take place on the 11/1. Those are the days when we pray to the dead and remember them (compare: El Dia de los Muertos in Mexico on the 2nd of Nov.).


So, now you know.Let's never forget about the sweets, though. I think that's really important to.

I hope you'll have a really nice holliday, whatever you wanna call it.

Luv, moi

No comments: