Monday, September 08, 2008

Duh - blin

Great expectations...what did Dickens say about those again?

O-kay, I'm not gonna start bitching about what a hellhole this is or anything, because it's not. But it is veeery different from what I imagined it would be. I know: duh. Not in a bad way really, although I could do without the funky smells, the weird-ass chicks that wear like TONS of make-up (I'm not kidding, if you thought the ladies ZH are super-styled, than seeing what "styled" means here will really be an eye-opener!), the rude waiters (You thought Paris was bad? Think again, mate!) and the stupid people (they're everywhere, so I really should have expected to come across some of 'em here as well).

But there have also been a lot of pleasant surprises, like the Abbey Theater, where I saw a brilliant rendition of Oscar Wilde's "An Ideal Husband" or the street musicians around Temple Bar, and, above all, the kick-ass second hand and shoe stores. Shopping has been sooo much fun here.

Now I'm off to an Omniplex (cinema) on Parnell Street (Vin Diesel, "Babylon A.D."). I figured I can't sit in pubs and drink beer e-v-e-r-y evening...

I'm thinking about getting a new haircut here. We'll see...

No comments: