Sunday, November 09, 2008

Quotes: Life, Sin and Death

When I get all thoughtful, I like to distract myself by reading about the smart stuff other, cleverer people thought of. Who really wants to hear what I got to say anyway? It's all been said and probably better.

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh - at yourself." - Ethel Barrymore

"I know the world is unfair, but why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?" - Bill Watterson

"There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose you heart's desire. The other is to gaint it." - George Bernard Shaw

"Life is something everyone should try at least once." - Anonymous

"The world is a stage, but he play is badly cast." - Ocar Wilde

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse." - Isaac Asimov

"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; it's the essence of inhumanity." - George Bernard Shaw

"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself isn't sinful - just stupid.)" - Robert A. Heinlein

"Death is one of the few things that can easily be done lying down. The difference between death and sex is that with death you can do it alone and no one is going to make fun of you." - Woody Allen

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing." - Anonymous

No comments: