Saturday, September 30, 2006

Guns n Vamps


I have this thing for vampire stories...I don´t know why exactly, maybe because they are so much simpler than normal human stuff (to bite or not to bite), or maybe because it´s even more complicated (It´s our wedding, did you have to eat the priest?)...

Anyway, some of the best stuff I´ve read is Laurell K. Hamilton´s Anita Blake novels.
Anity Blake is this petite lady who lives in a St.Louis where it´s normal that vampires have their own bars and who likes to shoot first and ask questions later (mostly). But the really cool part is that it is really about all the charming vampires and werewolves she meets, who - of course - are all in love with her. So, you have the blood splattering, zombie fighting, monster hunting part and the romantic, oh-we-can´t-cause-you´re-the-bad-guy part.

I really recommend it to all vamp-lovers. Here are a few quotes so you get the why...

"Paranoia is just another word for longevity."

"Jesus, are all vampiresover two hundred perverts?"
"I am over two hundred," Jean-Claude said.
"I rest my case."

"There are only two kinds of vampire hunters: good ones and dead ones."

"Polly isn't it? I have been on my feet for over thirteen hours. If you do not put Richard on the phone right now, I am going to come down there personally and bust your ass. Am I making myself clear?"
.... I spent the next fifteen minutes convincing a crying werewolf that I wasn't going to hurt her. My life was getting too strange even for me.


No comments: