Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fall

Well, I guess the summer's over, eh? It was a pretty unspectacular summer. Although there was snow in Chile. That's global warming for ya...(If anyone reading this is shaking their head muttering "Global warming my ass", go watch "The Uncomfortable Truth", buddy, educate yourself a bit and shame on you!).

Two things I looking forward to this autumn: the fashion and the movies. We here, behind the Alps, we get all the good-stuff much later than the rest of the world. But, after a while they legally make their way to us. Flicks such as "Hairspray", "Because You Said So", "Planet Terror", "Knocked Up" and many more.

Well I'm sure "Hairspray" is gonna be cute, and Diane Keaton is the deal when speaking of cheesy but good woman flicks, so "Because I Said So" will be okay. We all know "Knocked Up"-Star Heigl from Grey's Anatomy where she embodies Izzy Stevens, the beautiful doctor. I'm not sure whether this is a comedy doomed to be just a silly yawn, or if it will actually try to find an approach to the topic that is neither to cheesy nor to serious. "Planet Terror"...do we need to repeat mistakes of the past? I mean, in a way I get the fascination with the 70s world of B-Zombie movies that are to gory to like but too disgusting and silly to miss. So, I guess it can be fun if you're in a group and just want to enjoy some general funny violence. And, I admit that the cast looks pretty fun. Lost Sahid-actor Naveen Andrews, gotta love him, Freddy Rodriguez who plays Freddy in Six Feet Under and some small-timers we know from shows like Arrested Development. I just hope Tarantino will find 'imself a new corner to play with like, I don't know, Western or Science Fiction, something non-repetitive would be great.

Well, I hope y'all have fun at the movies, and with that,

'NOUGH SAID!

No comments: