Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Indiana Jones of University



First off: university is friggin' great. Even though they teach us to formulate these kind of statements a bit more elegantly, I think there's no other way to say this. Having said that, I must admit that I am not (yet) a shining example of a student. I got trouble keeping track of assignments, deadlines and all that fun stuff. When my fellow freshmen say things like "So, did you get the text on Semiotics?", I usually say something like "Hmm...interesting. For some reason, I don't have a clue what you're talking 'bout." It's like a mental rolling stone that just appears out of thin air because I had to start talking about tomorrow's seminar, I just had to push the stone statuette and activate the deadly trap.
Of course I always make it out alive somehow, but most of the time I am forced to check my e-mails, just to see whether there's anything else I might have forgotten - which feels like reaching into a snake-and-spider-ridden whole to turn the switch so that I can continue on my perilious venture; I know that some nasty beasty could bite you at any moment or that some prof might have some additional homework he'd like me to do for the next day.

Unfortunatly, I have not (yet...) hooked up with a racy blond, so that's how far my Indiana-ness (I'm sure you were wondering how far I can take the Inadiana analogy). But just imagine what a disaster it would be if I had to handle my studies and some fiery stunner; it would be my end...or would it?

NEXT WEEK: The Amazing M. will present THE JEDI METAPHOR...tatata!

No comments: