Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Song of the Week


"Stand and Deliver"

This song from Adam and the Ants was released in 1981 and is a typicall New Romance song. New Romance was pretty in between 1979 and 1982. Adam and the Ants started out as a New Wave/punk/post-punk group, but evolved into a pop band. I can't say that I like everything by the Ants, some of their songs are downright awful. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in the music.

The reason I chose "Stand and Deliver" is a) Adam Ant (alias Stuart Leslie Goddard) is one amazing looking man (or was) in those leather pants and with those tons of make-up on, b) the whole neo-romantic style is kinda cool and c) the song really gets you going. Adam Ant uses his voice in that deliberate off-key way, which gives him a "Do I care?"-attitude. Plus: I can't help it, but the 80s...hmm

Watch the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgHbt0ODr4

No comments: