Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Song of the Week


"Landslides"

First performed by Fleetwood Mac, this song has been covered over and over by numerous bands
from the Smashing Pumpkins to the Dixie Chicks. It was featured on the album Fleetwood Mac.

This is one of my favorite songs ever. I love the version by Fleetwood Mac, but I also like Tori Amos' and the Dixie Chicks' versions. Even though it's the same song, the interpretations very different. The Tori Amos version makes is so quiet and peaceful that I feel like I'm standing on a snowy hill, contemplating my life. The Dixie Chicks version is very warm and, well, they just have amazing voices. I think this song was/is very personal for Stevie Nicks. Getting older and realising that life goes on are things we deal with on a daily basis. This song reflects this.

Other songs by Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac which I like a lot are "Crystal", "Little Lies" and "Gypsy".

Check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CX6WHvxTYHs

No comments: