Monday, March 12, 2007

Song of the Week


"Wuthering Heights"

This song was released 1978 and was a total hit. Kate Bush was soon established as one of the top music artists

Kate Bush is special, and so is her music. That, and because I love Emily Brontë's masterpiece "Wuthering Heights", I chose this song. Kate Bush can do so much with her voice. First time I heard this song, her voice kinda scared me. But actually it's amazing what she can do with it and at the latest when she goes "Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy..." I get carried away.

Other songs I really love from her are "Babooshka" and "Moving". Not only are the lyrics moving, but the melodies just get me. She's not conventional and nothing short off brilliant. She reminds me a lot of Tori Amos, which might not be a coincidence.

Check the clips out:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gfGc4wcil2g

No comments: